"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Friday, November 23, 2007

giving myself a pat on the back

Yesterday was a huge success. I had my dad and almost all of my siblings over for Thanksgiving. I made everything, and I actually pulled it off. I'm a pretty good cook, but I have limited oven and stove top space. I made some stuff the night before and prepped as much as I could. On Thursday I had to time everything so the food would be hot and ready. I've never made a turkey before and I know it's not that difficult, but it was such a beautiful turkey...I almost cried. My brother took a picture of it.

Travis and Jordan are visiting for a couple of days and this morning Kris and I took them to Bob Evans for breakfast. I ordered Izzy hotcakes, which she's never had before. They were small, but she ate almost two. I couldn't shove them in fast enough. She kept storing pieces in her mouth and then swallowing a whole bunch at one time. When she wanted more, she would bang her hand on the table. I think the first sign I'm going to teach her is 'more'.

1 comment:

  1. Great Job. I always knew you could pull something like that off. Everything you cooked at the apartment smelled so good. But I agree that timing is key to a Turkey Day Dinner! Something I might never be able to pull off! HAha

    ReplyDelete

Template by:
Free Blog Templates