"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Back on the East Side

I headed home yesterday and stopped in East Lansing to visit with Hillary for a bit. The babies enjoyed seeing her and Josh. I've learned a few things about traveling with the babies, and not the easy way either. Seeing we stayed a little later at Hillary's I got the kids ready for bed so they could fall asleep in the car on the way home. My plan would have worked perfectly if not for the fact that the was nightly construction I didn't know about. Instead of taking a little over an hour to get home, it took 2 1/2 hours, ahhh...I stopped once to retrieve Noah's pacifier, and sang "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" for two hours. Don't get me wrong, I love, love that song. It's one of my favorites and I sing it almost every night to the babies. But after the two hours the only dream I wanted to come true was one where I could dream with my eyes closed.

The babies slept all night but there have been a few aftershocks this morning. I'm hoping to get them down for a good nap today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates