"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Sunday, May 16, 2010

She Did It!

The beauty of this blog is that I can talk about pretty much anything and not have to worry about people telling me that I'm sharing TMI.  If something grosses you out then you don't have to read it.  I have a few family members with a weak stomach and prefer not to hear stories of my babies stinky or gross messes, or about their bodily excretions.  I also wonder sometimes what my children are going to think when they're older.  Will they be embarrassed by all this?  It's not like I'm going to whip out my blog to show my daughter's boyfriend and read about when she was potty trained; tell him all the funny things she said that she might not think was so funny now; or show him pictures of her in as a baby in the bathtub.  First of all, who does that?  I mean you know in movies, you see the parents bring out the most embarrassing pictures they have of their children; pictures that just happen to be lying around.  And there's always a cute picture of them in the bathtub when they were little.  Why on earth would I want my daughter's boyfriend to see her naked in the bathtub when she was baby?  She's already facing a future of woolly sweaters and baseball bats.

Anyway, if my babies are anything like me, they won't be embarrassed too easily.  I mean what's the point?  Unless you want your face to stay a permanent shade of red, you just have to let things roll off.  Embarrassment is an emotional state and my children don't have time for emotions like that.  Kidding, I'm kidding...really.  But if I find that they are turning red a bit too much I'll send them off for a visit with Auntie Hillary.  She'll straighten them out in no time.

I completely forgot what I was going to tell you...TMI?  Weak Stomachs?  Oh, yes.  Izzie had a momentous moment last night.  After almost three months of trying to get her to go #2 on the toilet, she did it.  She had a little help though, and I do feel kinda bad.  We went to California Pizza Kitchen for dinner.  She hadn't had any dairy all day so I told her she could have some mac and cheese.  CPK doesn't mess around when it comes to their macaroni and cheese.  They use the real stuff, and lots of it.  I took a bite once and was sick almost immediately.  This is a good thing, unless you're allergic to dairy, and I am allergic to dairy.  It's my curse.  And I shall live with it the rest of my life, being tortured with sickness when I cheat; and being tortured with desire when I'm good and stay away from it.  I hate being good.  Anyway, Izzie and Beast shared a kids size bowl of the mac and cheese.  Izzie kept telling me she had to go the bathroom but after the third trip, I wondered if her stomach was bothering her.  We did some walking around and shopping after dinner.  Izzie got her first pair of Sketchers.  They're pink, silver, have sparkles all over and light up when she walks.  Before we went home I let the babies run around like banjis for a bit to get rid of some excess energy and then we headed home.  Beast had a complete blowout.  We're talking about the car seat, his clothes, his shoes...it was bad.  About five minutes before we got home Izzie said she had to go to the bathroom.  I asked her if she could hold it and she said yes.  We got home and after running Noah through the dishwasher, kidding again, I asked Izzie is she had to go.  She said no, but then a minute later she came running up to me and said, "Momma, I have to go now, now."  She ran into the bathroom, sat in her chair and made her daddy extremely proud.  Lets just say when she does something, she does it well.  Of course, we made a huge deal out of it.  After I cleaned her up she looked at me and said, "I went poop on the toilet...Now I go to Preschool?"  I told her yes and also gave her a little surprise.  I buy little presents for the babies from sales, the dollar store, etc.  I put them in my closet; things like books, stickers, goodies and trinkets, and I save them as rewards.  I gave Izzie a small Dora book.  Last night before bed, she asked me to put her book in her treasure chest (jewelry box) and this morning when she woke up it was the first thing she asked for.  She remembered why I gave it to her and said, "I go poop on the toilet now and I go to Preschool soon."  

I'm so proud of my baby girl, *tear*.  I know, I'm a freak.  I get excited about my children's bathroom experiences.  I'm just a momma...A very proud Momma.       

P.S.  Tonight she had an accident at Big GiGi's and Gigi's house, but it's only a minor setback.  I don't expect miracles overnight.  Her intense game of hide and seek with Beast, Auntie Darla and Julie distracted her from coming inside and telling me she had to use the bathroom.  It happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates