"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Matters of Cuteness

On Friday, September 3rd, I mailed a package to my sister in South Korea.  The package contained books, cereal, a couple of letters, and some photos.  It weighed 8 lbs. 13 oz., and I'm not going to tell you how much it cost to get it to her.  I was a bit nervous.  You see, I mailed my sister a very important, sentimental package last Christmas and she never received it.  It's still lost in transit, somewhere...Or, it's sitting on the coffee table of a cranky, postal worker who kept it for himself.  How dare he...or she.  It could be a she.  The idea of someone else rifling through a photo book of my family memories is unsettling.  Needless to say,  I had trust issues with the USPS.  However, I decided to give them another chance.  This time, Melody's package arrived in five days...Five Freaking Days!!  I don't know if they teleported it there or put in on a red eye, but my faith in the postal service has been restored.  My package was just what the doctor ordered for Melody.  Check out her post on how sheliterallydiedofjoy

I am beyond thrilled to be able to share with you the pictures I have been holding onto in anguish.  I wanted to post them right away, but I couldn't spoil the surprise for my sister.  The following conversation actually happened between Izzie and I.  It was just so darn cute I had to put it on paper and send it to Melody.



Is my daughter adorable or what?  I sent her some other pictures as well.  Izzie wanted to make funny faces for Auntie Didi.


Her favorite thing about this dress is the pockets.







Wait a minute...Whose child is that in the background?




So here's the story.  Julie was babysitting and we ran out of diapers upstairs.  She didn't know where the supply was so she put one of Izzie's nighttime, pink pull-ups on Noah.  Not a big deal.  Like he noticed the difference.  I walked in the house and was greeted in the usual manner of beast running over to me screaming, "Mamie!"  I thought the pink pull-up was kind of cute.  Kris walked in the house a few minutes later, home from work, and was greeted in the usual manner of beast running over to him screaming, "Daddy!"  He didn't think the pink pull-up was cute.  Then Noah went over and put on Kris's work out boots.  He looked even cuter!!! 


I mean really, how can you look at these and not think cuteness.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates