"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Monday, October 18, 2010

Less than an hour later...

I tucked Izzie and Noah into bed around eight last night.  It was close to nine and I was cleaning up the kitchen.  I heard Noah talking which is no surprise.  I went in to make sure he hadn't tossed something out of his crib or climbed out himself, since he can get in and out now.  I walked into the pitch black nursery...
 
"Momma?" 
  
He sat up and reached his arms out for me.
  
"Noah, do you want a hug?" 
  
He stood up and wrapped his arms around me.
  
I gave him a nice, long hug. 

"Momma, I missed you!" 

He laid back down and I tucked him in again.

"I missed you too Noah."

He snuggled into his blankets.

"I love you Momma." 

I kissed my hand and gently placed the kiss on his cheek.

"I love you too Noah." 

He closed his eyes.
  
"Goodnight Momma."

I started walking out of the nursery.

"Goodnight Noah."  

He kills me.  His sweetness takes over any beastliness he's had throughout the day.  I don't know if I'm going to be able to cut the cord when the times comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates