"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What's A Date?

Y'all know that Kris works crazy long hours at work plus puts in a lot of hours working for the church.  The babies and house keep me busy 24/7.  All of this means we don't go out much.  By we, I mean Kris and me, no babies.  I know, I know, it's important.  There's not much we can do about it right now.  We take what we can get.  But something magical happened over the weekend.  Kris got a couple of days off because of the holiday.  Unfortunately he spent the latter part in bed with a terrible headache.  But Saturday evening we chased after the elusive date and caught up with one for a few hours.

I don't wear makeup often so when I do, Izzie is enamored with watching me.  I have a special makeup brush set aside for her in my bag that I use on her cheeks.  As I was getting ready for our date, Izzie came into the bathroom and asked where we were going.  I told her that Daddy and Momma were going on a date.  "What's a date?" she asked.  I said, "I'm not sure.  I'll let you know when we get back."  When I was finished getting ready Izzie told me that I smelled good and looked beautiful.  One of the perks of having children.  They tell it like it is.  When it comes to my appearance Izzie tells it like she sees it.

Kris and I went to the Partridge Creek tree lighting ceremony.  It wasn't spectacular but it was fun getting into the Christmas spirit.  At one point I felt a bit claustrophobic because of the massive sea of bodies.  Kris asked me why.  I told him because he was way up there and I was way down here.  Sometimes being short is cool.  Sometimes it's not.  After they lit up the tree we walked around a bit and then had dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, P.F. Chang's.  I had the most interesting entree.  It was shrimp, melon (Melon! I know right?), and walnuts all cooked in a lovely, light cream sauce.   I was in the mood for something different and our server suggested it to me.  She said it was never something she would have ordered off the menu.  When she did her training she had to try it.  And she was hooked.  I can't explain how it tasted.  It was sweet but not too sweet.  The combination just worked and now I'm addicted.

The babies were sleeping soundly when we arrived home, how nice.  The next morning when Izzie got up she asked me, "Are you done with your date yet?" 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates