"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Wow, obviously this whole writing thing is working out great. I rarely have time to write during the day and by the time the kids are down for the night, all I want to do is curl up on the couch, but I end doing laundry, cleaning up, or preparing for the next day...But this morning Izzy slept in, she's still sleeping, and Noah is watching wonderpets...So, I thought I would take a few minutes to send out some emails and post a bit. I'm glad it's the weekend, although I think my Saturday will mostly consist of cleaning. Anyone who knows me would say that I'm OCD when it comes to cleaning and a lot of other things as well. Well, that's true, however, I'm a lot better than I used to be. It's not by choice of course. I'm just not always able to keep up with housework. It's not as easy as it used to be when you have once child afraid of being sucked into the vacuum and another who wants to eat it.

I usually mop once a week and it looks glorious, until Noah gets up from his nap. Within minutes it looks as if my house is opening day of the slug races. It sounds gross, and it is. I love my children, but any mom who tells you they don't mind the spit up, the drool, the blowouts all over the floor and the peeing everywhere except the toilet...is lying. Maybe they're not lying on purpose, but the truth is, as moms, we do mind it. We have just learned to accept it. Some learn faster than others.

I'm off to wake my daughter. I hope everyone enjoys this Saturday and the wonderful fall like weather we're having. I for one, love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates