"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Thursday, September 10, 2009

It's a Bee

Creepy Crawly, Oooey Gooey, Green and Hairy, Long Antennas and Big bodies, Itty Bitty, Slimy Smelly, Itchy and Stinging; It doesn't matter what kind of bug it is. It doesn't matter if it's small or big, harmless or deadly. If it's an insect she doesn't like it. She thinks flies are killer bees out to get her, she looks at tiny little aphids and says. "Eww, bug Momma, Eww." She can spot a bug a mile away. I think she may even have a scent for them. I think it's safe to say my daughter will not be nor have any desire to be an entomologist when she grows up.

Now, my husband seems to think she gets this Insectophobia/Entomophobia from me, and although I do not like bugs, I am not as paranoid about tiny little bugs as she is. Now I do have a huge fear of spiders no matter how big or small, but I don't think I'm in the minority when it comes to my distaste for spiders. I really don't mind Izzy's fear. I look at this way. There are two kinds of children in this world. Those who eat bugs and those who fear bugs. I would much rather have her follow the latter. Now my son, on the other hand, will pretty much eat anything so we'll cross that bridge with him when we get to it.

FYI: I don't know what the heck is up with this post. It kept showing up in huge font and then I managed to get each paragraph in a reasonably sized font, only they're two different fonts. I'm sure no one else will be bothered by this, but...It was driving me nuts. I don't know if I somehow managed to change the setting to Grandma font or what but, it hasn't happened with any of my other posts so, whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates