"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Go Fast Momma

I can cycle 'till the cows come home; run circles around the circuit at the gym, yet, when it comes to running, I fall somewhere between wondering if my heart is going to fall out of my chest and my hips becoming disconnected from my body. I take my babies for a walk in our sweet jogger stroller almost every day/night. I hardly ever run with them and if I do it's for short 2 minute bursts and then I chicken out on pushing myself and stop. To be fair, I ran for about 10 minutes before I arrived at my destination, CVS, out of breath, but of course acting cool as a cucumber. I have a tip, more of a way to save face...I ran in a busy area with lots of cars and people so that even if I got to winded I would keep pushing because I didn't want to look like a pansy who couldn't even run for 10 minutes. On my way back I knew I wouldn't be able to run the whole way. If I had to stop and there was anybody within ear shot, I would say loudly, but not so loud that it appeared obnoxious or rehearsed, "Momma needs to cool down now." Who cares if I had only been running for two minutes. Izzy would say, "Fast Momma, go fast." And I would repeat again, "Momma needs to cool down." Izzy starting protesting, "I'm so mad Momma, I'm so mad." Then I told her that she could get out, and push Noah and Momma in the stroller. She enthusiastically said, "OKAY!" I told her she needed to wait until she was tall enough to reach the handlebars. We walked the rest of the way home.

I'm a pansy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates