"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

NO SOLICITING

So, I need to put up a new sign on my door that says no soliciting, mostly because they always seem to come when the babies are napping and Dakota goes nuts, which in turn, wakes the babies. Anyway, this guy shows up today...something about free estimates, not really the point. The point is that he wanted to know if my parents were home. I replied, "Well, they may be at their home on the other side of the state, but this is my home." He apologized, I said I wasn't interested in whatever he was offering and he left. Now, common sense should tell me that as I get older, I should appreciate someone thinking of me as an adolescent teen instead of a tired, aging mother of two babies who have given me stretch marks and baggy eyes. But I was little irritated...Really, are my parents home? Come on!

It makes me wonder how much younger I'm going to look when I get braces. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates