"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Thursday, September 24, 2009

FIRE MOMMA!

So, we're all sick here at the Burl household. I am stuck inside with my bug and beast. And when these creatures are sick they are not happy little beings. Izzy has this cough that sounds like she's been downing a pack-a-day for 30 years, and Noah is excreting so much mucus from his nose he's like one big walking booger...with teeth. And, I just want to wrap myself up in our living room rug and hope no one notices the lump in the middle of the floor, although with airplanes, arks, animals, Elmo's, doctor's equipment, tractors, bats, blankets, and other objects mostly used for destruction, who's going to notice the dying rug.

I put the humidifier in the nursery tonight and Izzy was a little freaked out by it. She kept pointing at the steam, saying, "Hot Momma, Hot!" I explained to my 2 1/2 year old what the purpose of a humidifier is and that the steam wasn't hot. When I tucked her in bed, I could see her trying to look at it out of the corner of her eye. She started saying, "FIRE, MOMMA, FIRE!" Oh, dear, my daughter is smart. I reassured her once again, and kissed her goodnight.

Keeping my fingers crossed for some sleep tonight.

Happy Friday Everyone


No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates