"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Monday, October 05, 2009

All you need is a dog and a red, plastic bin for some fun...or destruction

As we speak, my daughter is on the couch sitting in an empty, red toy bin drawing on her pink doodle pad.  At least she is playing with one of the toys she threw out of the red bin.  Since the living room door is shut and my son cannot throw things down the stairs he has decided to throw everything he can find in Dakota's bed.  Oh, did I mention that Dakota is in his bed.  He looks stressed.  I don't blame him.  I just scolded Noah, yah, like that ever works, and now he is trying to take apart the corral...or break it, not sure.

And what am I doing?  Well, despite the mayhem in the room, I just finished a song I've been working on.  I usually write when the kids go to bed, but the rest of the song came to me and I had to get it out before it became a permanent part of my short term memory loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates