"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Machine Gun Kiss

Mommas and Grandma's love to kiss their sweet babies and grand babies. We can't seem to get enough of their cute, little chubby cheeks or baby soft skin. There was one time where my mother-in-law kissed my son on the cheek about a gazillion times really fast. My brother-in-law commented on how he thought her kiss was a machine gun kiss. He jokingly asked why women seem to do that to babies. I didn't have to think long about that one. I kiss my babies and show them how much I love them as often as possible. And the reason is…I love them.  They are part of me.  They grew inside of me and they are the only ones who know what my heart sounds like from inside me.  Poetic right...Actually that last line is from a lifetime movie:)  Also,  there is going to come a day when my children would rather eat slugs and walk on glass then give their mother a kiss, especially in public. Of course, I hope my children will be the exception…But I'm not taking any chances. I need to fill them with my love and kisses; a love that will last them forever and through their teenage years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates