"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Izzy To The Rescue

If you are ever injured, in need of help, or find yourself otherwise incapacitated, have no fear....Izzy is here. 

I was just finishing giving the babies' dinner.  Noah was still in his highchair and Izzy was sitting at the table.  I had a bunch of recyclables to take outside. I piled them up in my arms, took one step outside and went airborne. *For the record, the steps were not icy earlier in the day.  During the afternoon it warmed up just enough for all the snow and ice on the awning to pour down on the top steps and freeze.* I came down hard and was plastered in a tangled mess on the steps.  Izzy sprung into action.  She saw me fall and Noah was attempting to get out of his highchair.  In a very efficient and no nonsense voice Izzy said,

"Momma, are you okay?
Noah, sit down! 
Daddy, wake up!"

As I scraped myself up off the ground, I told Izzy I was okay.  She wasn't convinced.  She was already out of her seat and at my side checking me over.  My arm was scraped up pretty bad and bleeding.  Izzy said, "Momma, you hurt!"  She made her pretend medicine and fixed me up.  I ended up with a slight concussion and some nasty scrapes and bruises all over.  The next day I felt like I had been hit by a truck, which isn't unusual for me.  But I also felt comforted and taken care of in the hands of my itsy bitsy bug.  She is going to make a great doctor one day.  Oh by the way, that is what she wants to be when she grows up.  She told me she is going to be Izzy the doctor, and this was way before I fell.  So maybe she was just practicing on me.  Well, if that's the case, she'll get plenty of practice.  I somehow manage to trip on air, run into invisible walls or find myself at the mercy of the beast on a daily basis.         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates