"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Monday, March 01, 2010

Big Girls Don't Wear Diapers...

Okay, so I'm not an organizational, schedule making freak that has to write absolutely everything down.  Okay, maybe I am.  But this is important business, potty training.  Especially because Izzy is my first and I want to remember how we trained her and how well she did in case I forget.  Plus, I'm pretty sure the only people who read this blog are my family and they would want to know this important business of potty training. 

Izzy has done very well this week.  I knew she would.  I counted on a couple of accidents in the beginning which did happen, but only because she was totally engrossed in this car race with Noah and started peeing, realized it, and got upset because she couldn't stop it:(  After that she was fine.  I'm sure she was annoyed with me during those first two days of asking her every 10 minutes if she needed to use the potty.  But she really didn't need my reminders.  When she has to go, she tells me and runs into the bathroom by herself.  Of course, we all get excited when we see that she has gone.  During the middle of the week I decided to start giving her stickers to show her how proud I was of her.  Her Auntie Darla gave her a sticker book last year and, although, she has already used many stickers in the book we have a ways to go.  It's a 'Hello Kitty' sticker book with over 700 STICKERS!!  There are now Hello Kitty stickers all over the house.  I don’t mind, but I think daddy does a little;)  We've started putting them in a book now so that our house doesn't turn into one giant sticker.

Potty Training

Day 1:  a 'la nude (top with socks) one accident
Day 2:  a 'la nude-one accident
Day 3:  pink princess pull ups-no accidents     
Day 4:  pink princess pull ups-no accidents
Day 5:  same as above
Day 6:  same as above
Day 7:  same as above 

We're switching to underwear now.  She has Dora the Explorer underwear and is very excited about wearing them.

Today Izzy said to me, "Big girls don't wear diapers Momma.  Big girls go potty in the toilet."

Wise words from a toddler...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates