"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Gate

Last week I told you how Noah ripped out the gate.  Kris reinforced it...again, and hopefully this time it will stay in the wall.  Although, considering Noah's recent behavior I'm not so sure.  I swear, if there was if there was wrestle mania for babies Noah would be the reigning champion.  His secret weapon is his cuteness factor.  He looks so sweet and has the softest voice.  He sings, likes to lay around and is a total Momma's boy...But don't make him mad or get to close when he's in a bad mood; you may lose an eye or have a piece of furniture chucked at you.  Now when he gets mad instead of starting with smaller objects and then moving on to bigger ones, he just goes for the biggest thing he can find to throw.  Obviously I'm not too happy when he's throwing his rider toys or the keyboard on the floor and neither is my floor which is already covered in dents.  But when he picks up his soft chair (picture below), tries to lift it over his head and throws it, I can't help but laugh.  He's just so extreme...
  
But he's also so frickin' cute

Here are some shots I took with my phone of Kris putting the gate back up...I pretty much just stood there and watched him.  It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it.  Actually, this was our quality time together for the week.  He's working 12 hour shifts 6-7 nights a week so I'll take any time with him I can get.

Oh, my goodness.  Do you think there are enough holes?  Hopefully...

 I love power tools.      

Drill, Drill, Drill...

This piece of wood has a tough job to do.  Hopefully it's up to the task.

 At this point Noah was getting extremely restless because he knew we were out here and he wanted to see what was going on.  Oh Father, my son with a drill in his hand.  That would be my worst nightmare.  Could you imagine the horror.  My entire house would be Swiss cheese.

Ah, this makes me so happy. 

It is now safe to release the Beast.  He came over to the gate and immediately began shaking it back and forth.  Then he looked for things to throw over the gate.  I stopped him, he got mad and went back to shaking the gate.  He gave up a few minutes later and walked away.  It's been a week and the gate is still holding strong.

So there is my incredibly exciting post on putting the gate back up, complete with pictures.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates