"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Monday, May 31, 2010

THANK YOU

I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day.  I hope that this day also reminds us that we should remember and be thankful every day for those who have and continue to dedicate and give their lives in service to their country.  I cannot even begin to put into words how thankful I am for the men and woman who have given their lives for our country and for us.  They are our guardians.  We should never take our freedom for granted.  

All I can say is, THANK YOU. 

We went to Big Gigi's and Gigi's house for dinner.  The whole gang was there and Izzie and Noah had a blast.  At one point Izzie was outside with her pinwheel singing 'God Bless America.'  

I made two different kinds of homemade ice cream.  There was Salted Butter Caramel and Chocolate.  They were very delicious and very naughty.  Both of the recipes were adapted from a book called 'The Perfect Scoop' by David Lebovitz.  While the chocolate ice cream was churning I chopped up some chocolate to add at the end.  Izzie was sitting on the counter watching me and she said, "Mmm, chocolate.  Can I have some?"  I told her it was for the ice cream and I didn't want her to get a tummy ache.  A few minutes later Izzie looked at me with her big, brown eyes and asked, "Are you sure I can't try some?"  Well, how can I say no to that.  I gave her a tiny piece.  She savored every taste.

The majority of the weekend was spent gardening.  The allergies and lungs weren't too happy with me, but it could have been worse.  The garden is growing and the flowers are planted.  I laid down a ton of top soil today and still have a bit left to do.  Everything is looking pretty good.  Izzie waters her sunflowers and herbs every day.  Noah tries to escape from the confines of the property every day.  The pool is out and shaded by the Michigan tent.  The playhouse and climber are in the backyard and the sprinkler is hiding somewhere in the grass.  There is sun tea brewing outside and bathing suits left to dry over the porch rail.  It definitely looks and feels like summer. 

   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates