"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

My dog is snoring loud right now. I didn't know a dog could snore that loud. I also didn't know a dog, who has done nothing all day, could be so tired.

The drama

Izzie: MY MICROPHONE!  You broke my microphone?
Momma: What are you talking about?
Izzie: You broke my microphone...in pieces.  Momma, I need my microphone.
Momma: Ah, Izzie.  I cut it up for dinner.
Izzie: But Momma, you broke my microphone.
Momma: Izzie, it's not your microphone anymore.  It's for Momma and Daddy to eat.
Izzie: (sad-pouty-fake cry-face)  This conversation went on for awhile. 

Oh, in case you wanted to know, her microphone is broccoli.  When we go to the store, she carries around the broccoli and sings her little soul into it.  Everyone in the store is always thoroughly entertained.  

The dilemma

One night as I was helping the kids pick up their toys, plus helping Izzie go to the bathroom (She was settled on the seat with a book), plus making Kris dinner, Izzie asked me to do several things in a row.  

Momma:  Izzie, I don't have have eight hands.  I only have two hands. 
Izzie:  You don't have eight hands Momma?  You only have two hands?
Momma:  Yes, Izzie.  I only have two hands.
Izzie:  Oh, okay Momma.  It's okay Momma.  I'm sorry you don't have eight hands.

Since then Izzie has said to me several times, "Aww, I only have two hands *sad face*.  I don't have eight hands."  Sometimes she'll say arms instead of hands.  Apparently, Izzie has lots of things to do and not enough hands or time do them.  

The Dalia Lama

We've been stuck inside for the past few days due to a heat advisory and an air quality alert.  I have to keep my sweet babies safe and cool, even at the expense of my sanity.  For real, they've been good.  I pretty much just let them do whatever they want in the house and they're happy.  Izzie wants to bake a cake using the entire contents of the snack cupboard? done.  Noah wants to build a fort using every book I own? done.  I kid.  Well, not about the books and fort part. 

Noah likes to hang out by himself sometimes. 

This is one of his perches.  Clearly he's annoyed that I'm bothering him.

Hmm, beastly toenails?

"Momma, I'm trying to meditate."  
Okay, okay, I'll leave you alone.

Maybe Noah was building himself a sanctuary with the books.  I get it.  It's hard to find a quiet place around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates