"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Thursday, July 08, 2010

Lessons of Life

"We don't always get what we want."  Is it too early to say that to my daughter?  I don't think so.  I mean, she's going to have to learn about the harsh realities of life sooner or later.  It's not like I say it in reference to things beyond her understanding.  For example, it's bedtime and Izzie will tell me that she really, really wants ice cream.  She pulls out all the stops; pouty face, fake cries, drama...But I finally tell her that she doesn't always get what she wants.  She gets it.  Sometimes Noah will keep getting into the snack drawer bringing me stuff until I finally have to put the snacks up where he can't reach them.  Izzie will say to him, "Noah, we don't always get what we want."



 I know it's hard to say 'No' to a face like this.  I would say don't let her sweet face fool you, but she really is this sweet, and she's all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates