"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Friday, August 13, 2010


Holy Moly, Spicy Guacamole! It's Friday. I would say TGIF, but our morning hasn't been the best start to the weekend. My sweet daughter Izzie was sick this morning. This happens sometimes. I think she wakes up hungry and drinks her milk or juice too fast. I usually give her milk, but decided to let her have some grape juice this morning. After throwing up twice all over the couch I spent two hours cleaning yesterday, I was regretting that decision. I still had the carpet cleaner out, so I cleaned the couch up in a jiffy. Izzie turned to me and said, "I only have this little spot left to sit on the couch. I'm not gonna throw up anymore." Sounds good...She did throw up one more time, but made it in the bowl. After that she was fine. She was happy. She ate and drank a little bit and that was that. Where was Noah? Oh, he was peeing all over his chair that was barely fresh out of the dryer from the last time he soiled it. He's kinda of like Dakota. He always pees on his chair, like he's marking his territory or something. Boys. Sooo, that has been our morning so far. I needed a break, so both babies are watching Franklin right now.

We had a great time last weekend at my parents. I haven't been able to blog until now because of a poorly placed cut on my finger. There was a bad storm at my parents and one of their patio tables fell over causing the glass top to shatter all over the deck of the pool and into the pool. We all felt bad because Dad spent so much time relining the pool. So far, it doesn't look like there are any tears in the liner. I helped clean up the glass and somehow managed to cut myself up. I didn't even notice one piece of glass stuck in my leg until later in the day. This all happened after the party. My Grandpa turned 75! My mom had his cake decorated with John Deere stuff and we ate fresh sweet corn off the cob.

That's my daughter Izzie...in a princess dress...shucking corn. She does country in style.

We also celebrated Noah's birthday in the morning.

He got a John Deere tractor. At first I thought it was metal and panicked a little, but it's plastic.

My parents got Noah this Elmo fire engine rider toy. That's a mouthful. Also, my son is slouching more like Daddy every day.

He loved it.

On our way home we made a pit stop for Izzie to use the bathroom. We were about an hour from my parents and an hour and a half from home. We got back in the truck and it wouldn't start. Perfect. We were stuck in the middle at Wendy's. There were at least five guys, that I could see, working and not one of them had jumper cables. I asked a few people outside and finally lucked out. A very nice woman had two sets. Neither of them did the trick. This was the first time I had taken the truck to my parents and I had no clue what was wrong with it. It was like a million degrees outside so we hung out in Wendy's for over an hour while I tried to get a hold of people. Kris was sleeping so I had to call his Grandma to run over and wake him up. I didn't want to just leave the truck in case it was an easy fix. One of the employees was very nice. She gave us free refreshments and chuckled as Noah ran loose through the restaurant like a crazy banshee. Kris finally called and told me to shake some cables near the battery. Really? Why didn't I think of that. Oh wait, I did but it took several shakes and a few magic words. After doing that the truck started up, and we were on our way.

Noah still loves his fire engine.

Izzie: Momma, we like fire fighters.
Momma: Yes, we do.
Izzie: Yep, we like fighters because they keep us safe. They're not mean. They are our friends.
Momma: Yes, they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment