"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Thursday, September 09, 2010

What Holds You Down?

Sometimes I feel like I am a slave to my laundry, held hostage by the soils of food, dirt, grease, vomit, poop, and others who wish to remain anonymous.  I try to escape but they're numbers are too great for me and I have to submit in order to rid my house of their stench.  Anyone else every feel this way?  No?  Just me?  Why do we spend so much time on laundry?  What if we weren't so obsessed with cleanliness?  What if stains were trendy and the smell they carried was the new 'it' fragrance?  Do you know how much water and detergent we would save?!  But, as it happens, I don't like stains.  Stains, however, love my children.  It's like my children have a gravitational pull or something and food literally flies off their plate and attaches itself to my babies.  Dirt flies out of the crevices of the cement outside and clings to my babies for dear life.  And they don't give up without a fight.  If I am ever able to free myself from the tyranny of my laundry I will serious consider joining a nudist colony.

FREEDOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates