"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Thursday, October 07, 2010

BASIL

I was in the bedroom folding laundry and the kids were playing in the living room.  I generally don't leave the T.V. on, especially when they're playing so well, but once in awhile I'll put on something like Food Network or Discovery.  Izzie really gets into Food Network which was in tune when I turned the T.V. on.  Does anyone say tune anymore?  I tuned into to watch; or the T.V. was tuned to channel 6048?  Anyway, all of a sudden Izzie started yelling, "Momma, come here for a second."  I walked in to find Giada making basil-lime vinaigrette for her corn and black salad.  She was chopping up the basil and Izzie explained, "Momma look!  She has basil just like we have basil.  See, she has basil and we have basil too."  If you remember, Izzie grew her own basil this year and was very proud of how well she took care of it. 

I asked Izzie what Giada was making.  She replied, "Umm, there's basil and lime and...other stuff."  Later on, Giada pulled out some lobster and started preparing them.  Izzie was excited about the lobster too.  "Momma, she has lobster.  They have lobster at Meijer too.  We say hi to the lobster when we go.  See?  Hi, Lobster."  I didn't have the heart to tell her that this particular lobster was missing it's head and other appendages.  She didn't seem to notice.          

Now she's watching Rachael Ray, but I'm afraid it's nap time so she'll have to work on her culinary skills later.

Happy Thursday Afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates