"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Friday, October 08, 2010

A Letter

Dear Michigan,

I realize we have always had a somewhat mercurial relationship.  I haven't always been fair to you.  I've cursed your freezing temperatures.  I've closed my house off from your violet winds, blazing temperatures, and allergen filled air.    I've refused to open even a window to you.  I've made threats to leave you again and again, but...I'm still here.  When others left, I stayed.  When you threw a blizzard at me during the birth of my daughter, I stayed.  When you plastered my car, house, and town with fish flies I stayed.  When you drenched me with unsightly, sweltering heat, I stayed.  When you sucked the air out of my lungs with your humidity and made me miserable with your pollen and others irritating personality traits, I stayed...Because...Because there are things I love about you.  When it comes right down to it, I have always defended your fickle behavior.  I'm a girl and while not every girl fits in this mold, most of us are indecisive, so I get it.  You can't decide if you want to wear a sweater with your favorite pair of black boots or that new floral print dress you just got.  You don't know if you want a steaming bowl of clam chowder or a chilly bowl of Gazpacho soup.  You can't decide between painting your living room atomic tangerine or hazelnut cream. (Pss, I would go for the hazelnut cream, it's dreamy.)  
 
But can I just say...This is getting ridiculous.  Make up your mind all ready.  My head cannot take this back and forth hot and cold.  I'm getting migraines and my children are confused as to why they have to wear long sleeves and a coat one day and a t-shirt and shorts the next.

If you're trying to decide which direction to go, can I recommend fall?

Much Love Michigan

-ME

P.S.  Are you ready for some football!!!!  Whoever you're rooting for, have fun, watch the language and don't put any fists through the wall.        


No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates