"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Don't Mess With My People

Last week some hooligans, teenage boys with nothing better to do, were hanging around the house.  They were goofing off on their skateboards going up and down the street.  Ordinarily, I don't care what these kids do on my street.  But when they start going up and down driveways, including mine, that irks me.  Is property not private anymore?  They came up to the gate and Dakota smelled trouble.  I let him loose and he took off barking at them.  They backed off and took off on their skate boards.  They didn't come back.  Dakota wanted to let them know he would be waiting for them if they did decide to venture back.  

I had to take these pictures through the blinds, otherwise his fierce statuesque pose would have been replaced with a 'Whoa is me, sad puppy dog pose'.









He sat exactly like this for almost an hour.  Then he came inside and took a long nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates