"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Blurry

I haven't posted in a week.  It's not that I don't have anything to write about.  Trust, when you have Izzie and the Beast as the two little joys of your life, there is always something to write about.  I usually blog at night, sometimes early-early morning, when the house is relatively quite and the only sounds I hear are from the T.V. and Dakota.  He snores, whimpers, growls, and does all sorts of things in his sleep.  I imagine his dreams are really vivid.  Sometimes I think he's chasing a squirrel over a waterfall or dodging rush hour traffic to nab that wabbit.  It's a good thing we have a fenced in yard, but I wonder if his suppressed desires to join in the chase on the other side of the fence are released through his dreams.

It seems like October has flown by.  The past two weeks have flown by super fast.  Last Wednesday was the beginning of parties, candy, baking, parties, trick-or-treating, parties....Did I mention there was a lot of partying going on?  We are all partied out.  Shocker, I know, considering most of us Weltons and Burls never turn down a good party.  

I have trouble sleeping.  Instead of having bouts of insomnia, I have bouts of being able to sleep.  The past week has been particular rough on the dream land front.  Couple insomnia and asthma with party mayhem; throw in Izzie's recent health issues, and a cold that is wreaking havoc on my already disagreeable Beast; and you have a Momma who would love nothing more than to take a very large sedative and blend into her comforter until winter is gone and spring has come again.

I do have lots to write about the children, the party train they rode throughout the weekend, and pictures to share with you all.

Soon... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates