"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You...

There are bittersweet feelings attached to Noah growing up. I love watching him develop into this marvelous little human being. Everyday he's showing me how much his brain and sense of life are developing. It also saddens me that my baby is getting bigger. Part of me wants him to stay little.

I joined the YMCA so I could take advantage of the free child care. They have a great staff and program for the little ones. Noah gets to play with other kids and I get to sweat and kill myself for a couple hours. It's a win, win. Noah loves going to the Y. He knows where we are as soon as pull in the parking lot. He gets out of the truck and says, "Goodbye truck!" He walks right up to the desk and waits for me to sign in. He leads the way to his room and has to help me sign him in. When I pick him up he shouts, "MOMMA!" He runs over and shows me whatever activity it is he did. The first time I picked him up he was so excited to show me his artwork. I almost cried. Okay, I did. Noah has to help me sign him out and on the way past the front desk he hops up on a mini stool to get a drink from the water fountain.
On the heels of his cuteness, and independence is major attitude. There are times I get frustrated but most of the time I laugh. Laughter is the best medicine right? Usually I laugh when Noah is being absolutely ridiculous. I mean, I know life can be rough and stressful for a toddler but some of his acrobatic temper tantrums are quite comical. Not too long ago, Noah was throwing a huge fit when I was in the checkout lane at the grocery store. The clerk gave me a sympathetic look and I started chuckling. I said, "All I can really do is laugh." She replied dead serious, "Or cry."

Some of his new choice phrases are, "I don't want too!" And, "Go away!"

I could show you a recording of Noah screaming those exact words as he thrashes around like a sword fish being reeled in. If you value your ear drums, you might not appreciate that so instead, I chose a sweeter moment when those words don't have any force behind them.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates