"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Friday, November 12, 2010

Mark It

On Wednesday, November 3rd, we took the babies to get new shoes.  Both Izzie and Noah have wide feet.  Like me, Izzie has always had one foot a half size bigger than the other.  Yes, I'm a freak.  She has my tentacle length toes and my odd size feet.  What do you want from me?  I'm not perfect.  

First, the lovely saleswoman measured Izzie's feet.  One was a size eight and one was a size eight and a half.  Next up was Noah.  Both of his feet measured at a size eight.  It's official.  Noah and Izzie are now in the same size shoes.  I actually put them both in a size nine so they're little footsies and tootsies have room to grow.  I prefer the Champion brand because they make a wide shoe and hold up to anything you can throw at them.  They had a pair in Izzie's size, but not Noah's.  The only ones they had for him were light up ones so of course, Izzie wanted light up ones as well.  We settled on Disney Cars for Noah and Disney's Princesses for Izzie.  Both pairs of shoes light up and the kids are happy as peach pie.

Noah has one more feat (har, har) to pass before he overtakes Izzie.  He weighs more than her and now he's in the same shoe size as her.  He's still a bit shorter than her but not by much.  All this talk of how big Noah is getting along with Izzie visually seeing how big Noah is getting has her worried.  She asks me to measure her and Noah almost every day.  Since Noah was just a wee lad, I think several months or something, they have consistently measured three inches apart.  Noah has been slowly creeping up though.  In August he was about 34 inches and Izzie was 37 inches.  In less than three months Noah has grown almost two inches.  He is just under 36 inches and Izzie is now 37 1/2 inches.  You do the math.  They are just over an inch and a half apart.       

Izzie totes Noah around like he's a baby.  She coddles him and coos at him.  Kris remarked, "I wonder what she's going to do when he's bigger than her."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates