"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Sniffle Gag Gag

Rough start to the week in the Burl household.  Izzie has this thing.  It's frustrating and annoying for her and tiring for me; this thing being a horrible gag reflex.  If something doesn't settle in her tummy, or  goes down the wrong tube, she gags.  If she doesn't like the food in front of her, she gags.  If she's sick or has a cold, she gags.  After she gags, she throws up.  It's a whole downward spiral from there.  Sunday night, she started coughing and kept on coughing until shortly before midnight when the coughing turned to crying.  I walked in the nursery to see my sweet Izzie sitting up in her bed throwing up.  She kept coughing which made her gag which made her throw up.  She was so upset because she had thrown up.  I took her into the bathroom where she insisted she was done, but she kept coughing which led to to gagging which led to...well, you get the idea.  She ended up sleeping in my bed with me for the rest of the night.  She slept in fifteen-twenty minute increments and tossed and turned all night.  Between her coughing and flopping all over me, I didn't sleep a wink.

Monday and today went better.  She's coughing because she's all stuffed up and it's usually worse when she's sleeping.  Noah and I have this cold too and no one is sleeping the greatest.  I can handle Noah's crabbiness as long as I dodge the flying toys, cars, and dogs.  Just kidding.  He can't pick Dakota up...Yet.

We're trying to stay warm around here, but it's tough I tell you.  Stick around here long enough and you find out very quickly that I'm not a fan of the cold.  I complain.  I shiver.  I walk around the house wearing boots and gloves with my warm weather clothes.  I complain.  I drink a lot of hot tea.  I sleep with my heating pad.  I complain.  It's not my fault.  I'm a cold blooded creature.  I need warmth and the sun.  I need palm trees and pina colada's. 

My sister Grace got a beautiful tattoo done today.  The artwork is gorgeous.  She said it took the tattoo artist three hours to complete it.  And that it hurts.  I think I would actually be concerned if it didn't hurt.  I can't wait to see it.  Also, Melody will be here in just over a week.  Eeekk!!  I'm so excited I might not be able to sleep the night before or two nights before or the week before.  Well, okay, so I don't really sleep all that much anyway.  But I'm so so super excited.  And she's flying in right before Amber's birthday.  We're just going to be celebrating all over.  It's how we do it.  We love to party and celebrate.  We just love to have a good time. 

Hoping tomorrow goes more smoothly for the kids and me.

Love to All

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates