"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sneaky Chef

I'm on a mission to get my daughter to eat healthier.  Normally she's a picky eater but lately it's been coming in waves of her being picky to being extremely picky.  There are times where I can't even get her to eat her beloved macaroni & cheese or peanut butter & jelly.  It's not just certain foods she doesn't like.  It's more about textures.  And when I try to get her to eat something she gags and throws up.  I know, it's pitiful.  Anyway, I made the first recipe in my mission to sneak healthy stuff into foods almost any child would love.  My first sneaky chef recipe was Chocolate Champion Cereal Cookies.  Basically it tasted like a chocolate cookie.  I gave one to Izzy and she took two bites before saying she was all done and didn't want it.  I took them with me to my parents so I could try again.  Here's what happened.

Pappa:  Izzy, do you want a chocolate cookie?
Izzy:  Yes!
(Papa gives Izzy a chocolate cookie.)
Izzy:  Don't want it
Papa:  Who made them?
Izzy:  Momma
Papa:  Are they good?
Izzy:  Yes!
Papa:  Do you want one?
Izzy:  No

Tomorrow's another recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates