"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Friday, March 05, 2010

Take A Deep Breath

It is approximately 1:48 a.m.  The babies are sleeping.  Kris is passed out on the bed (clothes, shoes and all).  Julie is sleeping on the couch.  I am working on restoring my blog to it's former picture glory.  If you have read any of my facebook or twitter updates then you know my computer and a couple of online programs had a complete meltdown and every single picture that was ever uploaded on my blog was gone...vanished....disappeared....And I was...well, there's no need to discuss it further.  I don't want to relive the moments again.  After hours and hours...and hours spent trying to restore everything I finally accepted the horror that they were gone.  You may think I'm being a bit dramatic.  And I do realize that the only people who read my blog are my family, but I treasure my pictures.  They're part of the memories I want to remember.  They complete my stories.  They're essential to my blog.  So after a few breakdowns, several cups of coffee, and a handful of coffee toffee bars, I sat down and started the painstaking task of going through each post and uploading every single picture...

I'm halfway done.  I started with my last post and worked my way to the beginning.  I would have no problem remembering the most recent pictures I uploaded.  But the further back I go, the longer it takes to remember some of the pictures.  Thankfully, I am freakishly organized when it comes to my pictures and I have them all separated by the babies names and months on my computer.

Does anyone know what the long term effects are of continuously staring at a computer for hours?  I am going to retire for the night and continue restoring pictures at a later date.

P.S.  I have decided to change the spelling of 'Izzy' to 'Izzie' because...well I just felt like it.  So there.  Names ending in 'ie' are the best ones anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates