"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Growly Gruffs

I think my daughter is brilliant.  I don't think there's anything she can't do.  Well, except for one thing.  When it comes to no-talking contests, she loses every time.  I realize she's only three but I have a feeling age will do nothing for her.  She loves to talk.  She loves to asks questions.  She loves to talk about everything she sees and observes.  She loves to tell stories.  Our, almost, daily walks are full of great, fun, weird, and amusing conversations with Izzie.  Here are a few excerpts from last night's conversations...

"I see a stoplight.  Let's stop Momma.  Look both ways.  Oh, a bug.   There's a bug in the road.  I see CVS.  What's that?  What's that over there?  There's no building.  I don't see a building.  There's dirt.  I just see dirt.  Lot's of dirt..."  (There's an empty lot across the street from CVS.) 

"Momma, there's an alligator!  There's an alligator behind you!  Quick, run!  Run, Momma!  Go like this with your hands!  (She held her arms out and brought them together like an alligator chomp.)  Chomp! Chomp! Chomp!  Hurry, do it!  Chomp!  Chomp!  Chomp!  Yah, the alligator is gone..."

"Is it getting dark?  I don't like dark things.  I don't like spooky.  I don't like the spooky forest.  There are spiders and spider webs and bears and lions.  I don't want to go in the spooky forest.  I see it, Momma.  I see the spooky forest.  It's over there..."

"I see a monster.  It's a pink monster.  I don't like monsters.  It's a Growly Gruff.  I don't like Growly Gruffs..."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates