"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Monday, June 07, 2010

And We're Back

Yah, blogger is working again.  I don't know what was up with that, but unlike the many unhappy people who couldn't post, I don't depend on my blog for my livelihood. 

It was absolutely gorgeous outside today.  Unfortunately, that didn't change how lethal it still is outside for the babies and me. Allergies and asthma don't care that upper 60's lower 70's is almost a perfect temperature.  They don't care that the slight breeze makes you feel like a super model with your hair gently blowing as you're out and about for the day.  They don't care that there is a perfect amount of cloud coverage so you don't have to dread shriveling in the sun.  They don't care that you can actually go outside and not have to worry about an unsightly ring around the armpits of your top.  When I look outside and see all the white fluff dancing around I don't think of fairies.  I think of the movie 'The Happening'.  I've never seen it and if you don't want the ending spoiled do not read on.  My brother Seth saw and said it's one of the worse movies he's ever seen.  

These people start dropping like flies and nobody knows why.  Something is making them kill themselves.  Well, it turns out that it's the trees; something to do with releasing chemicals to defend themselves from humans or something like that.  I have to admit that when my brother first told me this, I laughed.  It's the trees.  Run from the trees.  But then I started thinking about it.  I keep my windows closed.  I wash myself and the babies up after being outside.  I give the babies a bath every night.  I try to keep everything outside from coming inside, which means I'm pretty much always cleaning.  On a really bad day, I batten down the hatches.  Nobody goes in.  Nobody goes out.  I look outside and watch the white fluff consuming everything; from my freshly laid topsoil to my spider web covered deck.  The white fluff is everywhere and it's killing us slowly.  Okay, it's making us miserable.  But it's happening.

I will give an update on Izzie and Noah and what they've been up to later.  I'm taking them for a run.  (I use the term 'run' loosely.)  I know after all that about the trees and dying but we're already miserable and just maybe some of that fresh air will counteract the white fluff.  Besides, I'll be running so fast it won't be able to catch me, ha...


I love this boy...

       

I love this girl...


They make my life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates