"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Izzieism's Part 4

This is the last part of this series.  Not that Izzie will ever stop talking or coming up with new and interesting things to say, but I have to end this at some point so here are a whole bunch more Izzieism's.  And yes, I love my grammar.   


If she doesn't want to finish something she'll say, "Let's save it for later."
 
Random Phrase:  "(Sigh) I don't have eight hands.  I only have two hands. (Sigh)"

In the morning Izzie likes to ask, "So Momma, what you doing today? 
Or she'll ask, "So Momma, what we going to do today?"

When I returned from interviewing Izzie's preschool, Izzie asked me, "Is it Pink?!"  I told her no and she said with a bit of disappointment, "Well, then what color is it?"

Whenever we go anywhere, whether it's Meijer's or Home Depot, Izzie will tell me, "Momma, I'm hungry in the store."  That translates to, "Momma, I want a treat."

Something that Izzie says on a daily basis, "I'm so excited to go to my preschool!"  

Izzie is getting to ready to go to preschool so she talks about it all the time.  The other day she said to me, "I'm going to get a back pack and fill it with my books and other stuff and my underwear.  


 






 











Sometimes when Izzie goes down for a nap or to bed at night she'll say, "Momma, resting is hard."

Whenever anyone is not feeling well Izzie gets her doctors kit which consists of her plastic doctor's tools along with various play kitchen utensils.  She has me lay down and says, "I'm going to make you all better."  She gets started and says, "I'm cutting you open and fixing you."  When she's finished she says, "Okay, now you rest my dear."  Yes, she actually says 'my dear'.  Don't know where she heard that one.

Izzie was busy playing outside and she had to go bathroom.  She ran towards the slider door with Grandma and said, "I'll be right back people."

Izzie will sometimes ask me, "What's today?"  I'll tell her, for example, it's Friday.  She'll ask me, "What's Friday?"  I tell her it's a day of the week.  She'll ask, "What's a week?"  As you can see, this carries on, but I don't mind.  She wants to learn.

Izzie dressed her doll, gathered everything in her purse, came over to me and said, "Momma, I'm ready to go to the hospital."  I asked her why we were going to the hospital.  She replied, "My baby is sick.  She needs to go the hospital."

Random Phrase:  "It's just a joke."  Or "I'm just joking."



I really hope you enjoyed reading all of these.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates