"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Tick Tock Goes The Clock

Lets talk about time. I am vehicleless (yes, I can make up words if I want to) and it was humid and stormy out today. Soooo, we were inside all day long. There were moments when it felt like this was the longest day ever in the creation of mankind, but then it was over just like that. And now it's 9:00 p.m. and I'm ready for bed, but I still have dishes and laundry, blah blah blah. I could leave the dishes until morning, but I hate waking up in the morning to a sink full of dirty dishes. Also, there was garlic involved in tonight's dinner and lots of it, so I really don't want to wake up in the morning to my entire house smelling like garlic. Anyway, I don't know why some things seem to go by fast and some things seem to go by slow. Time is just minutes, hours, space to be filled up...It's all in our heads. A trick of the mind. Sometimes it seems to go slow. Sometimes it seems to go fast. I'm just going to throw out some minutes at ya, k? Good.

2 minutes: Time it took my son to inhale his milk this morning.

65 minutes: Time it took Izzie to finish one half of a peanut butter sandwich that she was absolutely desperate and starving for, but after one bird bite, decided she wasn't hungry anymore.

3 minutes: Time Noah spent shaking the outside gate back and forth furiously, refusing to believe he couldn't break the lock.

90 minutes: Time it took Noah to fall asleep for his afternoon nap.

1 minute: Time it took Noah to decide what kind of mood he was going to be in when he woke up from his very short afternoon nap.

17 minutes: Time it took Izzie to eat her dinner which consisted of plain buttered pasta (That reminds me of Mel, and yes it did take her awhile, but she ate all of it:)

10 minutes: Time it took Noah to devour his dinner which included a giant bowl of pasta smothered with a pesto cream sauce and a giant bowl of watermelon.

less than a minute: Time it took me to decide we were going outside for a little bit before their evening bath because it had stopped raining and the sun was out and even though it was humid it was bearable and the babies had an unbelievable amount of energy and they needed to run around and play in the sand and water and get dirty and be free from the confines of their house which they had already completely destroyed so they had pretty much run out of things to do.

90 minutes and counting: Time it's taking my nocturnal son to fall asleep. Usually it takes him about two hours so we'll see what happens tonight.

I need to go wash my feet, and apply more cortisone to my body. Oh yah, I was weeding my garden today before I was interrupted by the crazy storms. Before I even made it back into the house I was starting to feel something unpleasant on my arms and legs. Upon walking in the house, I broke out in hives all over my legs and arms...Not fun people. Those onions better be worth it. I already know the peppers are and they are delicious. But really weeds...Why do you hate me so?

P.S. I love So You Think You Can Dance, and want to learn how to Bollywood dance.

Also, it's now been 103 minutes and he's still awake...If you're wondering why it takes me 13 minutes to write one itty bitty paragraph it's because I get distracted easily and I'm in the middle of watching SYTYCD.

Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates