"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Some Firsts

  1. Noah has had the ability to get out of his crib for awhile now, but has just become fully aware of it and is no longer listening or is intimated by me shouting, "Noah, No!" He can definitely get out of his crib. (side note:  I don't think he's ever been intimated by me or my 'No's'.)
  2. We're ordering Noah's toddler bed on Friday
  3. Izzie has a new hair do.  It's this really cute-top of the hair-off the side-ponytail thing.  I guess you have to see it.  I'll get right on that.  But, it's super cute.
  4. Breyer's now makes a lactose free ice cream that the babies can eat without wretching stomach aches and etc., afterward.
  5. Noah will rock with me in the rocking chair now, or again.  He stopped when he became too wriggly and mobile, but now he's all cuddly-singing with Izzie and me in the rocking chair.  
  6. First of the season:  Allergies, Colds, and the Wheeze are here.  I broke out the humidifiers, bleached/cleaned them and filled 'em up.  I'm sure Noah will take the one in the nursery apart tomorrow...Right after he monkey climbs out of his crib.  
  7. Today was the first day I finally had to put up all of Izzie's princess dress shoes because her and Noah were having a fight to the death over them.  I'm being serious.  Izzie ended up with mark on her foot and Noah has a scrape on his face.  I now have a fine collection in assorted colors of Disney Princess shoes.
  8. I think my eyesight is getting worse, because I'm having a hard time reading the font size on my blog and I haven't made it smaller or anything.
  9. For the first time in months (minus our overnight in Frankemuth), Kris had a night off.  I woke up in the middle of the night and thought there was a stranger in my bed.  I almost clubbed him over the head with the baseball bat I keep next to my nightstand, but then I realized it was Kris.
  10. Today was the first day I've been to a church service in a long time.  While rocking out to a sweet band jam session, I almost got hit in the head with a beach ball.
Happy Monday Everyone


This is just to make you smile because for real, how adorable is Izzie.  Her eyes look almost purple in this picture because they hadn't changed to brown yet, and how awesome does my hair look.  At least I got something good, albeit temporary, out of all those nasty hormone changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates