"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Sunday, September 19, 2010

This and That

Here are some recent conversations and tid-bits on the babies.  

IZZIE

Momma:  We're not talking about Noah right now.  We're talking about you.  You are responsible for yourself.
Izzie:  Yah...I guess.

Izzie and I were talking about merry-go-rounds.  I told her that when she was little she rode on one.  Daddy put his arms around her so she wouldn't fall.  Izzie says to me, "Yah, and then daddy drop me."  Excuse me?  "And then I fall down."  What?  "Daddy dropped me."  I told her that daddy did not drop her and that she did not fall off the merry-go-round.  She looks at me and says, "It's just a joke.  It's just a joke Momma."  Oh, well, I didn't know it was funny to joke about Daddy dropping you; or dropping you on your head; or dropping you and kinda of half catching you as you bounce off the bookshelf, which actually sort of breaks your fall...I don't know anyone who ever did that.  Anyway, I laughed at the whole "It's just a joke' line, but apparently she thought it or she or both was pretty funny.  She said to me, "That's a funny joke, Momma.  That's a funny joke."

NOAH

Momma:  Noah, I am bigger than you and stronger than you.
Noah:  Oh.
Momma:  Stop, and let me change your diaper, okay? 
Noah:  Okay

It's a good thing we gave Noah a cute name because it gets a lot of use.  Sometimes I don't know why I bother saying his name.  I could say it ten, twenty, a hundred times and get the same response...Nothing. Nada. Not even a glance in my direction.

Beast is in love.  He's in love with his toothbrush.  Every night we battle.  I have to put him in a lock so I can brush his teeth good before I hand it over to him and let him brush his teeth himself.  Beast thinks he can walk around with his toothbrush and keep it...forever.  It never ends well.   

I have never met a child who enjoys getting his finger nails and toe nails clipped as much Noah.  He's very serious about it.  The minute his nails get too long he picks at them.  He'll show me and say, "Uh-oh" Or "Help" Or "Mamie, look..."  He'll sit very still and watch intently as I clip each nail.  When I'm done he'll say, "Thank You".

What does bath water taste like?  Does it taste soapy, dirty warm.  Does it taste like normal, drinking water or does it have the distinct taste of pee?  I don't know, but if you're curious, you can ask Noah.  He drinks bath water almost every night.  He chokes and gags.  I tell him to stop drinking the bath water.  He'll stop for a minute and then he's back at it again.  What is so appealing about it.  I mean, you know he probably peed in it.  The thing is, Izzie never drank bath water.  I don't know, maybe it's a boy thing?  I don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates