"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Monday, September 13, 2010

Vampire Teeth and Bulldozers

Oh, Monday...That is all.

Okay, so today hasn't been all that bad.  Monday is coming off a long weekend that started on the heels of a long week that began with the Beast and a tooth.  Some people call them cuspids.  Some people call them sharpies.  Or is that just me?  Beast has his other three sharpies and trust me when I say, they're sharp.  I don't know if it's because they're still new and he hasn't had a chance to dull them down yet, or if maybe the real reason he chews rocks is to sharpen his teeth.  I call them vampire teeth.  And this last vampire tooth is putting up a fight.  Last night was probably the worst night so far.  He was up every fifteen to twenty minutes moaning and sobbing.  I spent a good part of the night rocking him in our big, comfy chair as Izzie slept soundly next to us.  I was hoping that the vampire tooth was finally getting ready to make it entrance, but alas, it's still just below the surface of his gum.  Every time I attempt to look at or feel his gums, he starts screaming.  It will be worth it in the end though.  Beast will be able to chew his food up better and that will most likely result in him consuming more food.

Izzie is doing great at preschool.  This morning when we walked into her room, she saw her teacher and ran over to give her a hug.  Her teacher thought it was the sweetest thing.  When I picked her up after lunch I asked her teacher how she was doing.   Miss Jeanette said that she's had no problems.  She is sweet and outgoing and for a new kid, she's very independent.  She said that a lot of the kids will whine about this and that, but Izzie is very independent and never whines about anything.  Go Izzie.  I'm so proud of her.  I know, I know, it's just preschool.  But it's the beginning of a foundation.  And I want that foundation to be strong and well-built.  So far, I'm very happy with the preschool and I really like Izzie's teacher.  The only one having a hard time with Izzie going to preschool is Noah.  He cries every morning when I leave with Izzie.  If Kris is home, I go to the gym after I drop her off.  When I walk back in the house, Noah runs over and greets me with a screaming, "Mamie!"  Then he looks around and says "Izabelle?"  I tell him Izzie is at preschool and we'll pick her up after lunch.  He responds with, "Oh."  All morning he'll say her name and when it's time to pick her up, it's the highlight of his day.  Granted, he's been teething and is extra crabby right now, but still...He misses his sister.

Oh, I almost forgot.  I went to a mom-to-mom sale on Saturday.  I was excited to go.   It's something I look forward to every fall and spring.  I don't know what that says about me.  The thing is, I just like to save money.  I don't go to these sales and buy off the first table I see and spend lots of money.  I'm prepared and organized.  I make a list before hand of what I need for both babies and look it over a few times so I don't forget.  I only buy certain brands and I'm very selective as far as looking over the clothes really well before I buy.  I didn't spend as much as I usually do this year.  I already had some clothes for this year that I bought last year, and the babies aren't growing like sunflowers anymore. I got some really cute stuff for Izzie.  I always manage to find a Michigan outfit for one or both of the babies. This time I found a Michigan sweat suit for Noah.  Okay, so I realize I'm writing about clothes I bought for my children and yes, I spent $100 on two wardrobes which is awesome, but really, this is not exciting stuff.  I apologize.

Our street has turned into a combat, construction zone.   It's awesome.  Not really.  I love watching men dig their way to China in my neighbor's yard wondering if mine is going to be next.   Except, I don't.  I really enjoy waiting to turn at the corner of my street for ten minutes and having the back of my seat kicked repeatedly because the truck is a bit cramped for space.  Maybe in an alternate universe but this Momma has places to go and babies, stuffed in the back of a truck, who need to roam free.  And then there's Dakota.  Men walking up and down our street using loud equipment and trucks is great for Dakota...Great for practicing what a kick-ass guard dog he is.  I wonder if dogs get sore throats or a hoarse voice, wait bark?  Yes, that makes more sense.

Izzie and Noah just woke up from their nap.  They've been staring out the living room window at everything going on and I guess it's free entertainment so cool.  Izzie just said, "Momma turn your head and look."  I did as I was told and saw a bulldozer in our neighbor's yard across the street.  Awesome.  Izzie said, "Momma, it's got a scooper too."  Even better.   A few minutes later Izzie saw a bulldozer drive down the street.  She asked, "Where did the bulldozer go."  I told her I didn't know.  She said, "Maybe I hurt it's feelings.  Momma, how can I tell the bulldozer I'm sorry so it will come back?"  I told her bulldozer's didn't have feelings and she said, "Yes they do."   I think she's been spending too much time with Noah and his trucks and cars.   They're his best friends.  I feel better knowing that Izzie has human friends at preschool.  She's been socially deprived for too long.

I have apple butter in my crock pot right now.  My house smells amazing.   I just realized how much apple butter I'm going to have and I don't know how to can.  I need to look that up.

Happy Monday

I had to put together some photos for Izzie to take to school as part of "friends and family" week.  I was looking through some pictures on facebook of my siblings so I could print a few off and I found this.  I've never seen this before in my life.



This is my 'lil bro Jordan and according to one of my other bro's, Travis, he's throwing the Welton gang sign.  I was aware we had a family crest (we are planning on getting tattooed on our backs) but I wasn't aware we also had our own sign.  I feel complete now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates