"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare."
~Ed Asner

Monday, December 13, 2010

All I Want For Christmas

All I want for Christmas is a healthy family.  I was hoping and praying while standing on one foot and balancing an egg on my head that Noah's cold wouldn't turn into anything worse like Izzie's did.  After our usual nap time battle, both kids were still sleeping like a rock at five 'o clock this evening.  Speaking from personal experience, waking the beast from his sleep is not recommended unless the house is literally burning to the ground.  I left their door open and turned the light up just a bit.  I went back to what I was doing in the living room.  A few minutes later, out stumbles Noah looking like he just had the party of the century in his dreams.  He was super cuddly, had a snotty nose and...the dreaded goopy eye.  Thankfully, I still have the rest of the eye drops left from when Izzie had pink eye so I can use those.  But I'm more concerned about his chest congestion.  He coughed for ten straight minutes and I was waiting for him to break down and get frustrated, but he just kind of stood there and kept coughing.  I warmed up a tablespoon of organic raw honey and gave them to him.  It seemed to soothe his throat and he hasn't been coughing nearly as much.  I really don't want to have to take him in to the doctor so I'm hoping everything I'm doing for him at home will be enough.

I thought I would post a picture of our Christmas tree.  It's decorated the same way it was last year, nothing spectacular, but this is going to be 'ole plastic tree's last year.  It might look nicely shaped or whatever but it took a lot of work to get it that way.  It's old and a lot of the pine needles along with some bigger pieces have fallen out. 

 Lights Off...

 Lights On...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates